The Safe Use Of Knives SignRegular price £3.48
"THE SAFE USE OF KNIVES
1. Always select the correct knife for the task.
2. Knives should be kept sharp and have handles that can be properly held.
3. When using a knife, use a firm grip, try to use even pressure for cutting, cut downwards and avoid cutting towards the body.
4. Never try to catch a falling knife.
5. Knives should not be left lying around on worktops and tables. They should not be placed unprotected in cupboards or drawers, nor left in washing up water. They should always be stored in suitable sheaths or racks.
6. Cutting blocks, tables and boards should be firm, smooth and clean.
7. There should always be enough room so that a person using a knife is not in danger or being bumped by another person, or placing another person at risk.
8. Never walk around with a knife in your hand, unless the blade is covered."